Mobile Therapist tax – explained

Tax Return guide for self employed Mobile Therapists..

We can prepare your Tax Return online for just £99.00.

If you are a self employed Therapist you will need to complete a tax return so that you can declare your earnings to HMRC and pay any appropriate tax. You should keep records of all your earnings. There are a number of people that end up paying more tax than necessary, either because they haven’t recorded evidence of their costs or they don’t realise what expenses and allowances they can claim. All self employed people are allowed to claim tax allowable expenses so it is important you get into a routine of recording your income and expenses on a regular basis if possible. We have listed below the most common expenses which can save you tax.

Basically any expenses that you have incurred which are wholly and exclusively for your work are tax deductable.

Register now and start using our tax service for free.

 Allowable expenses you can claim

Purchases and consumables


Protective clothing and Uniforms

Courses attended

Computer for work

Laundry and Cleaning

Telephone  Landline – Business use

Mobile Phone – Business Use



Postage and stationery

Use of Home as Office

Computer consumables

Bank charges on business account

Accountancy fees

Fares and travelling expenses

Other sundry items

Vehicle running costs  (read notes below)


Repairs and maintenance

Road tax, insurance and MOT


Parking and Tolls

Please note : If you use your vehicle for your own personal use then you need to factor this in when any expenses are claimed. For example if you calculate that you use your vehicle 20% of the time for personal or family use, then you would need to reduce any relevant vehicle running expenses by 20%.

An alternative to claiming the vehicle running costs is the HMRC’s Fixed Scale Mileage Rate which is currently 45p per mile for the first 10,000 and 25p thereafter. This includes a depreciation allowance (capital allowance) for the vehicle but does not include interest on any loan to purchases the vehicle. This can be claimed in addition to the mileage allowance.

Whichever option you choose, you will need to keep a mileage log in order to be able to prove the percentage of your total mileage that is business related.


Capital Allowances can be claimed on assets used for your business and work, such as a car, van, truck or plant and equipment. You can claim an allowance of up to 100% in the year of purchase on certain items although cars are restricted to 18% per annum in most cases. Also assets you owned before you started the business may also be claimed if you use them now for your business.

Taxeezy Online Tax Return Service

Filling in a Tax Return may not be easy and can take up your valuable time. For only £99.00 (after tax relief £79.00) we can complete and file your Tax Return for you and ensure you claim all your allowable expenses, saving you tax. Just provide us with the information we ask for then leave the rest to us.

Register and start using our online service for free.

We make it easy for you…